Monday, December 1, 2014

Week Seven: The Novel of Spiritual Education

Growing up i was never allowed to read the Harry Potter series as under strict instructions it was very clear i was not allowed to.  I was always able to catch the films though, either at school or i would sneak them home from the library.  As I've grown older I've vicariously been living through my wife memories and her experience reading the Harry Potter series as it is her favorite.

I have noticed that the harry potter stories are essentially, mystery novels with a very rich world built around it to support the ideas and its characters.  I think this in part has to do with its success, obviously i would say the use of magic is a larger part of its success but never the less i have found all of the riddles and never having all the answers to be quit intriguing in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment